To bring Retina to the 27” iMac and 27” Thunderbolt Display, Apple doesn’t need to wait until 5120×2880 panels are available. They can launch them at the next-lowest common resolution and use software scaling to let people simulate it if they want, or display things slightly larger at perfect native resolution.
That next resolution down, of course, is 4K.
I’m hoping this is sooner rather than later, I have a Retina MacBook Pro and hooking it up to use my 27” iMac as an external monitor is pretty good, but I find that I still edit photos and read lots of text on the built-in display leaving the 27” display empty.
- internetofme reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- gamegamer43 likes this
- rockyourcortex likes this
- nolefthand likes this
- bymichaelandrew reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- jankkhvej likes this
- webuiltthisblogonrockandroll likes this
- macphoenix likes this
- okadanil likes this
- nutullabrain reblogged this from parislemon
- purns likes this
- camflan reblogged this from parislemon and added:
- andrewnewby likes this
- digithoughts likes this
- lukeslattery likes this
- iheartapple2 likes this
- nowoliviapryor reblogged this from parislemon
- nowoliviapryor likes this
- inthetestchamber reblogged this from parislemon
- fuckyeahitsshay likes this
- parislemon posted this